> Links >
Center > Rating Agencies
Rating agencies assess an insurance company's solvency and financial
strength. A rating is not a guarantee of the financial
stability of an insurance company, so be careful to conduct your own research.
- A.M. Best
- Publishers of insurance information, including
financial data, industry news, and insurer ratings.
- Fitch Ratings - Provides ratings on over 800 insurance entities in close to 30 countries.
- Moody's Investors Service
- Moody's insurance ratings and research provide
coverage of global life, property and casualty, mortgage and title
insurers and reinsurers plus financial guarantors. Requires registration.
- Insurance company ratings service.
- Weiss Ratings -
Weiss Ratings issues financial safety ratings on over 1,500 U.S. life,
health and annuity insurance companies each quarter.