> Links >
Center > Reinsurance
Glossary - Glossary of life and health reinsurance terms provided by
ACLI Reinsurance Committee and FindaLink.net.
- Allianz Life Insurance Company of
North America - Large U.S. life reinsurer. Jointly publishes
"Reinsurance Notes" with the Harvard Medical School.
- American Reinsurance Company
- Provides treaty and facultative reinsurance and related
services to insurers and self-insureds worldwide.
- Aon Re Worldwide- Provides fundamental reinsurance coverage, catastrophe
information forecasting, captive management services and creative
alternatives for clients, including capital market solutions.
- Artis Group Reinsurance
- Alternative Risk Transfer Insurance Strategies is a
venture with Orion Capital that targets the "unbundled"
Alternative Risk Transfer insurance market.
- Reinsurance solutions for managed care and healthcare
- Brokers & Reinsurance Markets
- A forum for treaty reinsurance professionals.
- Centre Solutions
- A full-service provider of customized insurance and
risk management programs. A member of the Zurich Financial Services Group.
- CNA Reinsurance
- Property and casualty reinsurer offering multi-line
treaty and facultative capabilities. Also accepts alternative risk
business and writes and financial reinsurance.
- Condon & Forsyth
- Law firm with experience in almost every conceivable
aspect of insurance and reinsurance disputes.
- Converium -
Formerly Zurich Re. Writes traditional and non-traditional treaty and
- Copenhagen Re
- International reinsurance group that writes both life
and non-life reinsurance.
- Employers Reinsurance Corporation
- ERC helps other insurance companies, large corporations,
associations and other groups transfer risk which exceeds their own
capacity or appetite.
- General Re and Cologne Re
- Reinsurers for global reinsurance and related risk
assessment, risk transfer and risk management services.
- Gerling Global Re
- With a worldwide network of 27 subsidiaries, branches
and representative offices, Gerling Re is the world's sixth largest
- Giordano, Michael C. -
counsel to insurance and reinsurance companies.
- Global Reinsurance News
Service Network - A news site for the insurance/reinsurance industry.
Includes hourly updated news, Global Reinsurance magazine articles and
sections such as carriers, brokers, support services, and captive
- Hannover Life Re
- Hannover Re's subsidiary for life reinsurance in the
- ING Reinsurance
- Offers traditional reinsurance, integrated financial
services, and institutional risk management.
- Intermediaries & Reinsurance
Underwriters Association (IRU)
- Organization of reinsurance intermediaries and
companies engaged in the assumption or placement of property/casualty
- Lloyd's America, Ltd.
- Insurance and Reinsurance in the United States.
- London Reinsurance Group
- Provides life, property and casualty, accident and
health, and annuity reinsurance products to insurers and reinsurers.
- Munich American Reassurance Company
- Munich Re's subsidiary for life reinsurance in the
- Munich Re
- Writes reinsurance business in all classes of insurance
- Optimum Re Insurance Company
- Life reinsurance for the small-to-medium-size company
- Partner Re
- Offers reinsurance coverage in all major property and
casualty business lines.
- PMA Reinsurance Corporation
- PMA Re emphasizes risk-exposed property and casualty
for United States treaty and facultative reinsurance.
- RBC Insurance
- Life reinsurer that also provides facultative underwriting
support, turnkey product development, and software services. Formerly Business
Men's Assurance Company of America (BMA).
- Reinsurance Association of America
- Non-profit trade association of property and casualty
- Reinsurance Group of America,
- Provides traditional product reinsurance, international
risk and financial reinsurance, product development, and special
- The Reinsurance Research Council (RRC)
- An organization representing professional
property/casualty reinsurers registered in Canada.
- Reinsurance Solutions
- Specializes in providing reinsurance administration and
consulting services to insurers, reinsurers, and liquidators/regulators.
- Republic Western Insurance Company
- A property and casualty company that offers specialty
insurance for personal, commercial and reinsurance markets.
- Scor Re -
France's first reinsurer. Offers life,
non-life and non-traditional reinsurance.
- St. Paul Re
- The reinsurance and alternative risk transfer operation
of the St. Paul Companies.
- Swiss Re
- Global reinsurer with focus on risk transfer, risk
retention financing, and asset management.
- Transatlantic Reinsurance Company
- Offers reinsurance capacity on both a treaty and
facultative basis -- structuring traditional and non-traditional programs
for a full range of property and casualty products, with an emphasis on
- Offers a variety of reinsurance products, including
life and annuity reinsurance, product development, administration services, contract underwriting, and
- XL Re
- Provides reinsurance and insurance solutions worldwide.
- Zurich Reinsurance, Inc. -
Now known as Converium. Writes traditional and non-traditional treaty and